Our client, a global leader in providing design and construction solutions for the life science industry, is looking for a Piping Designer for their new Basel office.
- Produce and verify complex piping plans, layouts and isometrics (via 3D models/ software)
- Develop process and utility P&ID’s (via diagrammatic software systems)
- Working closely with Process and Process Utility Engineering Leads in the translation of conceptual scope to detailed documents
- Reviewing client-supplied, equipment vendor-supplied and local regulatory piping and equipment design requirements
- Coordinating design requirements with peer building services disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural) as well as 3D model exchange and coordination, including outside consultants
- Identifying and resolving 3D piping/ system model clashes
- Complying with the procedures of company's Quality Program
- Being accountable for the accuracy and clarity of the deliverables being developed and the systems being designed
- Working with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion. Interacts with clients on a limited basis to secure scope and design intent.
- Developing 3D Model/BIM, P&ID and Isometric execution procedures for the Basel office, referencing pre-existing procedures
- Performing field work as required for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.)
- Coursework complete from an accredited technical drafting program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on utility piping drafting and design
- Experience leading 3D model content development required
- Experience with process and clean utility systems for pharmaceutical and bioprocess facilities is preferred
- Experience working in a design firm setting is required
- Knowledge of piping system design standards, codes and engineering fundamentals is preferred
- Must be proficient in AutoDesk Revit MEP
- Experience with PFD/P&ID software such as Aspen, COMOS or SmartPlant preferred
- Language: Fluent in German (C2+technical language), ability to communicate in English (B1+) is a plus
- Valid Work Permit for Basel, Switzerland, or able to obtain a permit
If you match the above skill set I look forward to receiving your application, including an up-to-date CV, via this website.